• Richmond City Commission 4:30 p.m. work session, 6 p.m. regular session, City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• “Puppets in the Park” free workshop, 6–8 p.m., Berea Memorial Park; rain site: Russel Acton Folk Center. Participants should bring object to create a puppet with. For details, call 986-9402.
• Medicare 2013 Part C (health) and Part D (drug) plan comparisons and enrollment at Richmond Senior Citizens Center, 1215 W. Main St., 2 to 4 p.m. Individuals should bring a printed list of their medications including dosage.
• Thursday Night Book Group, 6:30 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 507 W. Main St., Richmond. October selection is Wendell Berry’s “The Memory of Old Jack.” For details, contact Christina at email@example.com.
• GOP Ladies Club, 12:30 p.m., Central Bank community room, 305 W. Main St., Richmond. For details, call Tabitha Evans, 985-9942.
• Richmond Planning Commission business session, City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• Berea City Council forum, 7 p.m., council chambers at the Bere Police & Municipal Buliding; live cablecast on TimeWarner Ch. 12; sponsored by the Berea Chamber of Commerce and The League of Women Voters of Berea & Madison County.
• Reception for state Rep. Rita Smart, 3-5 p.m., First Christian Church in Berea. Event is open to the public.
• Double Creature Movie Feature: Dracula and Frankenstein, 6 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 507 W. Main St., Richmond. Join Forever Young Adult Book Club for double feature starring Bela Lugosi in “Dracula,” and Boris Karloff in “Frankenstein.”
• Kenwood Halloween Hoedown, 6-9 p.m., 130 Meadowlark Dr., Richmond.Free community event features costume contest, trick-or-treat, food, games and The Sunshine Cloggers. For details, call Janice Jackson at 661-8496.
• NAACP Freedom Fund banquet, 6 p.m., Armed Forces Reserve Center near the entrance of the Blue Grass Army Depot, 233 Battlefield Memorial Hwy. (US 421). John Johnson, executive director of the Kentucky Human Rights Commission, to speak. For tickets, $25 each, call 859-544-1390.
• Tony Bennett concert, 8 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts. For tickets, visit www.ekucenter.com or call 622-7469.
• Contra Dance with caller Fred Park and band Berea Cast-Offs, 8-11 p.m. (Beginner lesson 7:30-8 p.m.) Russell Acton Folk Center, 212 Jefferson St., Berea; $7 adults; $4 students/seniors. Information: 859-985-5501 or www.folkcircle.org/contra/ or BereaContraDance@gmail.com.
• Kickoff for “Berea’s Biggest Loser.” Berea Parks and Recreation is partnering with Fitness, Friends & Fun in weight-loss progra. For application and or more details, visit www.fitnessfriendsandfun.com or call Veronica at 985-2584.