Through Oct. 7
• KBA Girls Fall Volleyball League/Clinic sign-ups. Registrations accepted up to the clinic date on Oct. 7. For details, call 859-219-9272.
Sunday, Sept. 30• Native American Powwow, Battlefield Park; gates open 10 a.m., grand entries at noon; closing ceremony 4:30 p.m.
• “Butterflies Are Free,” 2 p.m., Gifford Theatre of EKU’s Jane F. Campbell Building For tickets, $6 adults, $5 students and senior citizens,. Box office opens at 1 p.m..
Monday, Oct. 1
• AARP of Madison County, 10:30 a.m., Betty Miller Center, 325 N. Estill Ave., Richmond. Darlene Snyder, Madison Circuit Clerk, will speak. Potluck luncheon afterward.
• Motion Mondays at Silver Creek Elementary for 3rd -5th grades, 2:15–3:15 p.m. Free after-school activity. Call Berea Parks & Recreation for details, 986-9402.
• Nifty Needlers, 5:30 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 507 W. Main St., Richmond. For details, call 623-6704.
• Opening reception for “Reverberations of the Civil War Juried Exhibition,” 5-7 p.m., EKU Giles Gallery. Exhibit runs through Oct. 26. For gallery hourse, other details, call 622-8135.
Tuesday, Oct. 2• Advisory Council for the South Madison Family Resource Center, 4:30 p.m., in the Silver Creek Elementary library.
• NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), 5-6:30 p.m., St. Joseph Berea board room, call 986-6301 for details.
• Take Back Your Temple, free weight loss support group, Fitness, Friends and Fun, 501 Mt. Vernon Road, Berea, 5:30-6 p.m. Limit of 20 per class. For details, call 985-2584.
• Berea City Council, 6:30 p.m., Police and Municipal Building Auditorium, 304 Chestnut St.
• Book signing by Susan Torres, author of “Living With Three Spoons: Memoir of A Single Parent,” 7 p.m., Hastings in Richmond Centre.
Wednesday, Oct. 3
• Madison County Health Board, 7 p.m., Martha Pride Community Health Center, Berea. Agenda can be viewed at www.madisoncountyhealthdept.org/BoardAgenda.html.
• Free Zumba classes taught by Jerian Shaw, 5:30 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 505 W. Main St., Richmond. Register in advance at the library or by calling 623-6704.
Thursday, Oct. 4• Silver Creek Homemakers, 10 a.m, Madison County Extension Center, Duncannon Lane.
• Richmond Women's Luncheon Club, Pinera Bread, 1 p.m.
• “The Odd Couple” (Female Version” by Berea Arena Theatre, Big Hill Road (KY 21) east of Berea; 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday. For tickets, $8 adults, $5 students; call 986-9039.
Oct. 5• Fall Carnival/Chili Supper, Kirksville Community Center (Old Kirksville School); chili supper 5 p.m., carnival 6 p.m.
• Madison Central High School’s Tournament of Bands.
• Paint Lick VillageFest.
• Yoga for Every Body, 9:30 a.m., Madison County Public Library, 507 W. Main St., Richmond. Free yoga class taught by Zoe MacLaren on first Saturday of each month. Library provides mats and blocks. Register at the library or by calling-623-6704.
• BRCC Uncorked, Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center community fundraiser, 7 p.m., Acres of Land Winery. Tickets are $25. For details call Mae Suramek at 859-253-2615.
• Benefit concert for New Opportunity School for Women featuring Nikky Finney and Reel World String Band, 7:30 p.m., Singletary Center for the Arts, Lexington. Tickets are $19 and $10 for students. For tickets call 859-257-4929.