Register staff report
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE), noon, Ryan’s Steakhouse off Exit 87 of Interstate 75, Richmond. Guest speaker Susan Horn, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, will discuss coming year’s insurance rates and other health-care issues. Also, chapter will elect officers. For details, call John Wilson, 623-6776.
• Madison County Democratic Women’s Club, 6 p.m., Ryan’s Steakhouse off Exit 87 of Interstate 75, Richmond. Capt. Sally Love of the Salvation Army in Richmond to speak. Each member asked to bring can of beef stew, chicken/dumplins, spaghetti/ meat sauce or peanut butter to donate.
• Pattie A. Clay Auxiliary membership meeting, 6 p.m., Irvinton House in Irvine-McDowell Park. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• EKU presidential search community forum, 6:30 p.m. in Posey Auditorium of the Stratton Building on Kit Carson Drive south of the Eastern Bypass.
• Farm-City Banquet, 6:30 p.m, Madison County Cooperative Extension Center, Duncannon Lane. For details and reservations, call 623-4072.
• Madison Fiscal Court, 9:30 a.m., Berea Police and Municipal Building auditorium, 304 Chestnut St.
• Youth Services Center for Madison Middle and Madison Central High Schools Advisory Council, 3:30 p.m., Phillips Building, 704 North Second St.
• KBA 1-Day Basketball Showcase, boys/girls 3rd-9th grade. For details, call 859-219-9272 or visit www.playkba.com.
• Richmond City Commission, 4:30 p.m. work session, 6 p.m. regular session, City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• Gallery on Main opening reception for “Just Add Heat,” by Jennifer McLamb and Stacey Street, 5:30-7 p.m., inside Community Trust Bank, Richmond, across from Madison County Courthouse.
• Sustainable Berea Fall Gathering, 6:30 p.m., Berea Friends Meeting House, 300 Harrison Road.
• Madison County Retired Teachers’ Association, 12:15 p.m., God’s Outreach, 1512 East Main St., Richmond. Lunch provided. KRTA Executive Director Bob Wagner will speak.
• Medicare 2013 Part C (health) and Part D (drug) plan comparisons and enrollment at Richmond Senior Citizens Center, 1215 W. Main St., 2 to 4 p.m. Individuals should bring a printed list of their medications, including dosage.
• One-time weaving workshop with Alisa Vogt, 9:30–11:30 a.m., Paint Lick Community Arts Center. Weaving yarn on a cardboard loom will be demonstrated. Participants may bring yarn to make bookmarks, cozies, bracelets, etc., but materials will be provided. Fee: $10. To register, call 925-2741.
• EKU Dance Theatre Fall Concert, 8 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday and 2 p.m. Saturday. For tickets, call 622-2171.
• “Life is a Dream” by EKU Theatre, Gifford Theatre of the Campbell Building. Performaces 8 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. For tickets, call 622-1323.
• Richmond schools’ Youth Service Center advisory board, 3:30 p.m., B. Michael Caudill Middle Schools.
• Organization meeting for new Waco Area Extension Homemaker Club, 5:30 p.m., Madison County Extension Center. For details, call 623-4072.
• Sidekick Siblings Drama night, 5:30 p.m., Russel Acton Folk Center, Jefferson Street, Berea. Learn skits and perform them at 7 p.m. Participants should bring props, costumes. Free and open to all ages. For details, call 986-9402.
• “The Shadow Box” theater performance, 8 p.m., Black Box Theater in EKU’s Center for the Arts. Tickets are $20 for general admission or $10 for students with IDs. All proceeds benefit Hospice Care Plus programs. Purchasing tickets in advance is encouraged. For details, call Angela Bailey-Davis at 986-1500 or www.hospicecp.org.
• Madison County Civil War Roundtable, 6:30 p.m., Dinner Bell Restaurant, Exit 76 of Interstate 75, Berea. Historian Chris Kolakowski will speak on “The Forgotten Battle of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.” For required reservations, call 623-8979 by noon Nov. 14.
• Daniel Boone Elementary 50th Birthday Celebration and Fall Festival, 5 to 8 p.m. at the school.