Register staff report
Local schools are inviting veterans to their Veterans Day programs this week and next:
• Daniel Boone Elementary — Friday, 1 p.m. Fifth grade performance of "God Bless America" in sign language and presentation of veterans who are friends and family members of students, staff and faculty.
• Glenn Marshall Elementary — Friday, 9:45 a.m. Performances of patriotic music and a slideshow of GME veteran family members. Veterans also will be served a special lunch after the program.
• Kingston Elementary — Friday, 1:30 p.m. Morning Pointe resident are invited to attend.
• Kirksville Elementary — Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 2:15 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Veteran's Day Patriotic Musical performance.
• Kit Carson Elementary— Friday, 1:30 p.m. Veteran's Day program.
• Mayfield Elementary — Friday, 9 a.m. Musical presentations and veteran recognition with a reception following the program.
• Shannon Johnson Elementary — Friday, 1:30 p.m. Poetry reading, musical performances and a presentation on famous and local veterans.
• Silver Creek Elementary — Friday, 9 a.m. Veteran breakfast, presentation of veteran family members and slideshow.
• Waco Elementary — Friday, 1 p.m. Veteran speaker, student musical performances and refreshments.
• White Hall Elementary — Monday, Nov. 12 at 9 a.m., Veteran breakfast, musical performance.
• B. Michael Caudill Middle School — Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 9 a.m., musical performances, student presentations, introduction of veterans and light refreshments.
• Clark Moores Middle School — Friday, 10 a.m., concert in the gymnasium.
• Farristown Middle School — Friday, 9 a.m. Guest speakers, military memorabilia on display, veteran and active duty slideshow presentation and veteran's breakfast following the program.
• Madison Middle School — Monday, Nov. 12 at 9 a.m. Presentation of Colors by MCHS Jr. ROTC, introduction of veterans, student presentations.
• Model Laboratory School — Friday, 9 a.m. elementary assembly. Presentation by EKU's ROTC Color Guard, musical presentations, poems and readings prepared by students. Middle/High school assembly begins at 2 p.m. with a panel of veterans answering questions about their military experience.