Register staff report
A person reported Sunday that one of the windows on his vehicle had been broken out while it was parked at the Comfort Inn. Nothing had been taken from inside the vehicle.
reported in Berea:
• A resident in the 100 block of Gregory Street reported a burglary Sunday. The front door of the home was damaged and someone had gone through personal property inside the home, according to the resident. Nothing was missing.
• A resident in the 100 block of Whippoorwill Drive reported a burglary on Saturday. A firearm, worth $500, was stolen from the home, according to the BPD.
• Officers were called Thursday to Tractor Supply after receiving a report about shoplifting, according to a BPD news release. Store employees reported that two men stole several plaid shirts and a pair of boots, worth a total of $259, while they were in the business. The pair had left the store before officers arrived.
• A resident in the 100 block of Meadowlark Drive reported Jan. 9 that a vehicle had been damaged. The victim told police that someone had tried to steal a stereo from inside the vehicle and did damage to the dashboard. Estimated loss is $400.
• A resident in the 900 block of Weeping Willow Drive reported Jan. 9 that after returning from a stay at the hospital, the person noticed the back door of the apartment had been damaged. Estimated loss is $1,000.
• A resident in the 600 block of Chestnut Street reported a burglary Jan. 9. There were no signs of forced entry, but several coins were taken. Estimated loss is unknown.
• A resident in the 100 block of Silver Creek Drive reported Jan. 9 that a glass door had been broken out and several items were missing from the home. Estimated loss is $2,552.
• A resident in the 200 block of Kiester Drive reported Jan. 7 that a laptop computer, worth $1,000, was stolen from a parked car at the residence.
From Jan. 10 to Sunday, Berea police arrested one person on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia; one person with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol (first offense) and his passenger was charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place; one person with driving under the influence of alcohol (first offense) and his passenger was charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place; one person with driving under the influence of alcohol (first offense); and one person with driving under the influence of alcohol (first offense).
Anyone with information about these cases should call the Berea Police Department at 986-8456.